The 2017/18 MTN8 semi-final draw will take place on Sunday, 13 August 2017 immediately after the Mamelodi Sundowns vs Maritzburg United quarter-final fixture at Lucas Moripe Stadium.
The draw will be moderated by Premier Soccer League’s Luxolo September assisted by Mapula Bodibe, MTN Executive: Consumer Business Unit and Professor Ronnie Schloss from the PSL.
Below is the draw procedure:
- One bowl/pot containing four balls will be used
- The semi-finals will be contested over two legs; home and away
- There will be no seeding
- The first club to be drawn will play at home in the first leg
- The second club will play against the club drawn first (above) ie. away in the first leg
- The third club drawn will be at home in the other first leg tie
- The fourth club drawn will play away against the club drawn third (above) ie. away in the first leg