It is Port Elizabeth’s turn to get some Absa Premiership ‘Woza Nazo’ action as the Friendly City plays host to the much anticipated ‘David & Goliath’ fixture between Chippa United and Mamelodi Sundowns, scheduled for Saturday, 25 November 2017.
While Sundowns are one of the grand old teams of the South African top-flight football formed back in 1970, Chippa are relatively new kids on the block, founded in 2009 and started playing in the Absa Premiership for the first time in the 2012/13 season.
The Brazilians have had a 39-year head-start on their opponents, the Chilli Boys, as both teams gear up for this Woza Nazo David vs Goliath fixture. Woza Nazo, meaning ‘Bring it On’, sees Absa bring back the fire to the game in the 2017/18 Absa Premiership season, as the league sponsor continues to set the stage for players to bring the magic and for the fans to bring their massive support for their teams through the ‘Woza Nazo’ rivalry matches.
The Woza Nazo brand campaign draws on the loyalty and passion that players and supporters have for the sport and for their teams, and encourages us all to up our game and strive for the excellence. This is one of the ways Absa wants to use football to make a lasting and positive impact in everyone touched by the beautiful game. Supporters can look forward to the opportunity to Kick for R1 million and also will be rewarded for their support and passion for the beautiful game through the unique Absa Red Ticket Zone access experience.
Tshiwela Mhlantla, the Absa Provincial Managing Executive for the Eastern Cape, says: “We have not regularly had an Absa Premiership team based in Port Elizabeth, so just having Chippa United in the city gives soccer fans, Absa clients and our staff something to be really proud of. We don’t have a classic city rivalry but what we’ve done by creating a different kind of rivalry narrative through this ‘David vs Goliath’ story gives us something to rally behind. “We call on all soccer fans in the city to come out in numbers and experience the beautiful game at the Nelson Mandela Bay stadium with us”.
Fans are encouraged to arrive at the stadium early stand a chance to be a millionaire at the end of the Absa Premiership season through the Kick for a Million competition to take place at halftime.
Absa Red Ticket Zone
· Absa Red Ticket Zone access on match day, sees Absa reward local football supporters with unique and unforgettable experiences around the beautiful game.
· Absa customers and football fans will have an opportunity to receive an Absa Red Ticket from the Woza Nazo activations around the Nelson Mandela Bay from Monday, 20 November to until Friday, 24 October.
o The Absa Red Ticket pass includes a bundle of exclusive Absa Premiership experiences such as branded merchandise, food, refreshments and block-booked premium seating at a unique, Absa Red Ticket Zone grandstand at the Nelson Mandela Bay stadium
Kick for a Million
On match day, fans will stand a chance to compete for the Absa Kick for a Million match day cash prize of R5, 000.
Six fans, 3 from each rival team, will be brought onto the pitch at halftime to kick against former professional goalkeeper Tshepo Motsoeneng in a sudden death competition until there is only one winner
· Each participant will receive a R1, 000 cash prize and the winner of the round will take home R 5, 000. The winner will then automatically become one of the 10 finalists who will Kick for a Million at the Absa Premiership trophy handover match in May 2018
· The ten successful winners from the ten rivalry matches will travel to the Absa Premiership trophy handover match where they get to Kick for a Million against a goalkeeping legend in a sudden death competition until there is only one winner, who will take home R1 million.
Absa Premiership activations to take place in the week leading up to the Woza Nazo rivalry fixture in Port Elizabeth:
· Monday, 20 Nov: Cleary Park, 2pm to 4pm
· Tuesday, 21 Nov: Ke Nako Mall, 2pm to 4pm
· Wednesday, 22 Nov: Moffat Office Colleague Engagement, 9am to 11am
· Friday, 24 Nov: Green Acres Mall, 12pm to 3pm
· Saturday, 25 Nov: Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, 1pm to 3pm (Absa Red Ticket Zone)