The big city will meet the country side as the latest instalment of the Absa Premiership ‘Woza Nazo’ campaign sees Bloemfontein Celtic host rivals Free State Stars in the much-anticipated Free State Derby scheduled for Sunday, 10 December at the Dr Petrus Molemela Stadium in Mangaung.
Going into this rivalry fixture, it is the club from the country side, Stars, that boasts a great record over their provincial rivals from the big city Celtic, as both teams gear up for this Woza Nazo Free State Derby fixture. Woza Nazo, meaning ‘Bring it On’, has seen Absa bring back the fire to the game in the 2017/18 Absa Premiership season, as the league sponsor continues to set the stage for players to bring the magic and for the fans to bring their massive support for their teams through the exciting ‘Woza Nazo’ rivalry matches.
The visitors, Ea lla Koto, have not lost to Siwelele since February 2014, having been largely dominant since then, winning the next four games in a row from then while both the home and away fixtures ended in goalless draws last season.
The Woza Nazo brand campaign draws on the loyalty and passion that players and supporters have for the sport and for their teams, and encourages us all to up our game and strive for the excellence. This is one of the ways Absa wants to use football to make a lasting and positive impact in everyone touched by the beautiful game.
Supporters can look forward to the opportunity to Kick for R1 million and also will be rewarded for their support and passion for the beautiful game through the unique Absa Red Ticket Zone access experience at the Dr Petrus Molemela stadium on Sunday afternoon.
Bertie Smith, the Absa Provincial Managing Executive for the Free State, says: “We want to continue profiling this Free State derby to elevate it to being one of the greatest rivalry in the Absa Premiership and in the continent in the years to come and there’s no better way than through this Woza Nazo campaign. The Free State derby will bring Mangaung to a standstill as we are going to create huge excitement around it in the build up to the game right up until match day, and we’ll make it a great spectacle like never before in the province. We are thrilled that the time has now come for Free State to show just how much we love the beautiful game. We call on all soccer fans in the city to come out in numbers and witness the Free State rivalry at the Dr Petrus Molemela stadium with us, where we will be rewarding them for their loyalty in the Absa brand and the game through unique and unforgettable experiences.”
Fans are encouraged to arrive at the stadium early stand a chance to be a millionaire at the end of the Absa Premiership season through the Kick for a Million competition to take place at halftime.
Absa Red Ticket Zone
- Absa Red Ticket Zone access on match day, sees Absa reward loyal customers and football supporters with unique and unforgettable experiences around the beautiful game
- Football fans will have an opportunity to receive an Absa Red Ticket from the Woza Nazo activations taking place around Mangaung from Monday, 4 December until Saturday, 9 December
- The Absa Red Ticket pass includes a bundle of exclusive Absa Premiership experiences such as branded merchandise, food, refreshments and block-booked premium seating at a unique, Absa Red Ticket Zone grandstand at the Dr Petrus Molemela Stadium
Kick for a Million
- On match day, fans will stand a chance to compete for the Absa Kick for a Million match day cash prize of R5, 000
- Six fans, three from each Free State rival team, will be brought onto the pitch at halftime to kick against former professional goalkeeper John Tlale in a sudden death competition until there is only one winner
- Each participant will receive a R1, 000 cash prize and the winner of the round on the day will take home R 5, 000. The winner will then automatically become one of the 10 finalists who will Kick for a Million at the Absa Premiership trophy handover match in May 2018
- The ten successful winners from the ten rivalry matches will travel to the Absa Premiership trophy handover match where they get to Kick for a Million against a goalkeeping legend until there is only one winner, who will take home R1 million
Absa activations to take place in Mangaung leading up to the Woza Nazo rivalry fixture:
- Monday, 4 Dec: Bloem Plaza, 12pm to 2pm
- Tuesday, 5 Dec: Loch Logan Waterfront, 12pm to 2pm
- Wednesday, 6 Dec: Brandwag Absa Branch, 12pm to 2pm
- Friday, 8 Dec: Twin City Mall, 12pm to 3pm
- Saturday, 9 Dec: Surprise and Delight – ticket giveaways at Absa Branches in Mangaung, 9am to 12pm (Absa Red Ticket Zone)
- Sunday, 10 Dec: Dr Petrus Molemela Stadium, Absa Premiership Woza Nazo, Free State Derby, Absa Red Ticket Zone, 1pm to 3pm